A two tape set featuring Don Campau, Greg Gray, Ken Clinger, Dino DiMuro, James Hill, Mark Hanley, Nicole, Kevin and Caity Campau, Brian Conroy, Allen Dancer, John Hayden, Poindexter Holloway.
Art work by Peter Blind.
Cover design by Douglas Cruikshank
Don Campau ( vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, percussion, harmonica, assorted instruments) on most tracks with additional personnel noted below.
1. Pinata Party: Kevin Campau ( introduction),Greg Gray (drums)
2. Stupid Stinkin Day: with Kevin Campau
3. Messalina: with John Hayden (percussion, assorted instruments), James Hill ( trumpet)
4. Doing A Show: by Nicole Campau
5. Whats The Reason: with Dino DiMuro ( guitar, banjo, vocals)
6. Dinga La Te: turntables by Campau
7. Tug: by Nicole Campau
8. Dont Hold Back: Greg Gray ( drums)
9. Joey Roo Goes Dancing: Ken Clinger ( vocals, keyboards)
10. Free Again: Dino DiMuro ( vocals, guitar, banjo )
11. Glass Full Of Water: solo Campau
12. Thai Stick Orchestra: Campau with pre-recorded Thai orchestra
13. Man Is: Nicole Campau
14. Already Quiet: Campau solo
15. Before The Neighbors: Greg Gray ( keyboards, drums), James Hill ( trumpet)
16. Life With Mary Mayhem: Ken Clinger ( vocals, keyboards)
17. Parking In The Backlot : Poindexter Holloway ( vocals, ), Dino DiMuro ( guitar)
18. Mystery Of The Hemphill: James Hill ( trumpet)
19. His Sisters Feet: Ken Clinger ( keyboards)
20. Gobble Gobble: Kevin Campau
21. Break The Birdie: Allen Dancer ( drums)
22. Donât Let The Music Stop: Nicole Campau
23. Until It Turns Red: Greg Gray ( drums )
24. Bulgarian Indigestion: Ken Clinger ( vocals, keyboards)
25. What A Mess: Ken Clinger ( vocal )
26. Your Constant Paradox : Campau solo with Kevin Campau at the start and end.
27. Confetti: James Hill ( trumpet)
1. The Perfect Tomato: Ken Clinger ( vocals)
2. Yuppie In His Audi: Mark Hanley ( lead guitar), Greg Gray ( drums)
3. Doing A Show: Nicole Campau
4. Megans Morning: Dino DiMuro ( guitar, keys, banjo)
5. Like Somebody Else: Campau solo
6. Sinkhole: Campau solo
7. Promise Dollars: Nicole Campau ( vocals), Dino DiMuro ( guitar, keys, banjo)
8. Go Navy: Brian Conroy ( rhythm guitar )
9. You Can Relax : Greg Gray ( drums)
10. Irreversible Moment: James Hill ( trumpet)
11. Daddy: Caity Campau ( vocal, keyboards, percussion), Greg Gray ( slide guitar)
12. Gamma Rays: Campau solo
13. Everything Becomes Nothing: Ken Clinger ( keyboards)
14. Woman Was A Man : James Hill ( trumpet)
15. Bells Behind The Machinery : James Hill ( trumpet)
16. Midnight In Suburbia : James Hill ( trumpet)
Produced in San Jose, CA by Don Campau by live and mail collaboration
September 1, 2010 Subject:
Cassette Culture at its Finest!
This is one of the all-time greats in the cassette undeground. Big names in tapedom are here -- Dino, Ken Clinger, Mark Hanley, Brian Conroy, Allen Dancer, and John Hayden, Don's kids Don's friends, with some really awesome tuneage. For me, it was the first time I had heard of some of these people, and when I wrote to KC after hearing this, he sent me stories to write with him and that led to Kenny & The Cling-Tones.
Also of note, Life With Mary Mayhem. The first Bovine Story I ever heard! Plus, a ten year old Nicole Campau's Doing A Show.